How to change ur IP address?

User Tag List

How to change ur IP address?

i want to know how to change ur ip address cause ive been ip banned from a few servers ive looked up a few ways on google but thats just for dynamic so if someone can help me change the whole thing it would be helpful cause i want to rage n00b galore 24/7 office again

run: Cmd.exe, ipconfig /release.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    and then do i put like ipconfig /renew

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore View Post
    i typed that it says "The request operation requires elevation"

So what do i pick up my computer... imr uning on vista..

... Well i did it on my windows xp pro computer and it said some stuff but my ip is still the same..

I think you request it by the ISP.. Or wait your ISP most likely changes your IP adress after awhile.
    Last edited by w8621; 27th April 2008 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by w8621 View Post
    i typed that it says "The request operation requires elevation"
    You have to run cmd.exe in Administrator mode. Find it, right click on it, and Run as Admin, then use the commands.

As for Twisted's questions, it depends on your IP type. If you have a static IP then you're limited to using a proxy, which I don't think can be done with CSS. Someone feel free to correct me on that. But if it's dynamic like mine, then usually just unplugging my router for 15-25 seconds then plugging it in again does the trick.

Then again, you could call you ISP and ask them if they can assign you a new IP because you're being DDoSed or some shit like that. Some will change it for you.