Graphics card.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Graphics card.

Graphics card.

So I am needing the help right now. Basically tell me which one is better.

GeForce 8600GT 256mb Superclocked - Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N755-TR GeForce 8600GT Superclocked 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

OR

GeForce 8600GT 512mb -
    Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P2-N757-TR GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

I couldn't go with any better ones only because my power supply is at 375w and I don't wanna buy a new one. But if the GTS's are really a lot better than I will get a new power supply. So opinions please. Also I know nothing about power supplies. So post some good ones that you know that have 450w+ and have a decent price.
    Last edited by Hobo; 16th December 2007 at 00:15.

those are both junk, but will work if you play low end games like css and old source games.....if you want to start playing cod4 and crysis and have them looking good, get a 8800gt or the new G92 8800gts..........power supply isnt that expensive come on now
    :p

ehh even 8800 have trouble with crysis, i know mine does. fucking went online found the most expansive guides for tweaking and still got shit FPS.
    For CoD4 one of those is fine. But as far as getting a vid card yeah you are better off with 8800GT, its very well priced for the power your getting.

hum, i play crysis with an older 8800gts at the monent and its fine for me, just don't put EVERYTHING on highest settings, still looks awesome
    :p

Those aren't really opinions but, it's a lot better than what im running right now. GeForce 6800 ftw? Also I probably will get a new power supply. Just need to know if you can put any power supply into a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo View Post
    those are both junk, but will work if you play low end games like css and old source games.....if you want to start playing cod4 and crysis and have them looking good, get a 8800gt or the new G92 8800gts..........power supply isnt that expensive come on now
    I know people that have two times older gfx cards and can play cod 4 fine.......

Quote Originally Posted by WiRED View Post
    I know people that have two times older gfx cards and can play cod 4 fine.......
    Its not that I can't play any of the newer games, it's just that I want better fps and not any gay lagging.

Quote Originally Posted by WiRED View Post
    Yea on directx8 rifk.
    I have retired from Project-7

Please contact Josh for all queries and messages regarding P7

Quote Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
    Its not that I can't play any of the newer games, it's just that I want better fps and not any gay lagging.
    Nah not talking to you, talking to person above me..

@geno.... No.. :)

I'd like to see that above 40 or so fps, lol.
    I have retired from Project-7

Please contact Josh for all queries and messages regarding P7

Page 1 of 2 12 Last